‘Do no harm’ is the theme for the Edge get Into Games Challenge 2013, in association with EA.
Entrants are free to interpret that theme however they wish – a third of the judging criteria depends on how creatively you use that theme. Entries will also be judged on technical merit and originality.
This year, the winner and two runners-up will each win a Unity Pro licence, including iOS Pro, Android Pro, Flash Pro and the Team License add-ons, which are worth $6,500 in total.
The winner will also be awarded a trophy and a trip for one to Unite 2013, Unity’s annual developer conference, which this year will be held in Vancouver from August 28-30. They receive a Unite 13 ticket, return flights and accommodation for three nights.
• All entries must be submitted by its close on April 15
• Design the game to the theme ‘do no harm’ Interpretation of the theme is up to you!
• Individuals and teams of up to eight members can enter
• All entries to be made in Unity 4 and run in web browsers. The use of properly licensed thirdparty assets and resources is allowed
• Judging criteria: 33% creative interpretation of the theme; 33% technical merit; 33% originality
• Entrants will keep full rights to their games
• Winners will be announced on June 6
• Winner: Unity Pro licence, including iOS Pro, Android Pro, Flash Pro and Team License add-ons, worth $6,500; trophy; trip for one to Unite 13, Unity’s annual developer conference, held this year in Vancouver from August 28-30, including Unite 13 ticket, return flights and accommodation for three nights.
• Two runner-ups: Unity Pro licence, including iOS Pro, Android Pro, Flash Pro and Team License add-ons.
How to enter your game:
Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
• A link to the game
• A 50-word summary of the game
• Name and contact details of a nominated team leader
• Three screenshots of the game, depicting gameplay
Good luck – full terms and conditions can be found on the next page.
Pages — 1 2