Ace Attorney Tops Japanese Chart
Miles Edgeworth-starring sequel goes straight in at the top with 132,000 sales.
Ace Attorney Investigations 2 is the new number one game in Japan, as 132,000 sales propel it to top slot in its first week on sale.
Like last week, it’s a great time for new releases in Japan. Miles Edgeworth’s latest adventure is followed by three new titles, according to sales figures for the week ending February 6, collated by Media Create and translated by Andriasang.
Sales of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd continue, with 27,000 sales this week taking its lifetime total to 4.15 million. Capcom said last week they expect it to become the first PSP game to sell 5 million units. Last week’s number one, Mistwalker’s Wii RPG The Last Story, drops all the way down to seventh.
Elsewhere, last week’s most ridiculously named chart entry, My Little Sister Can’t Be This Cute, hangs on at number 10, and despite our best instincts we’re going to trust Andriasang isn’t playing a prank on the western gaming press with its newly-translated title.
01. Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (Capcom)
02. Macross Triangle Frontier (Namco Bandai)
03. White Knight Chronicles Portable (Sony)
04. Dragon Ball Kai (Namco Bandai)
05. Kenka Bancho 5 (Spike)
06. Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (Capcom)
07. The Last Story (Nintendo)
08. Valkyria Chronicles 3 (Sega)
09. Donkey Kong Returns (Nintendo)
10. Is My Little Sister Seriously This Cute? Come On, Get Outtahere! (Namco Bandai)
Media Create Archive