Assassin’s Creed III tops UK chart, becomes Ubisoft’s biggest ever launch
Assassin’s Creed III has become Ubisoft’s biggest ever launch title – selling nearly twice the amount Assassin’s Creed II did – and in the process taken the top spot in the UK all-formats software chart.
On a broader scale, it can claim to be the second biggest launch of the year to date, after FIFA 13 (which remained in the UK chart for four weeks).
Medal Of Honor: Warfighter, last week’s number one and the game that dethroned FIFA 13, drops to number six and WWE 13, Football Manager 2013 and Need For Speed: Most Wanted take positions three, four and five respectively. FIFA 13, meanwhile, holds on to position two.
Despite competing against four high-profile new releases, Dishonored manages to retain a top ten position – the only non-sequel there.
The only other new release is Assassin’s Creed III Liberation, which debuts at 14 – the third biggest debut for a PS Vita game after Uncharted: Golden Abyss and FIFA Football).
01. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
02. FIFA 13 (Electronic Arts)
03. WWE 13 (THQ)
04. Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
05. Need For Speed Most Wanted (Electronic Arts)
06. Medal Of Honor: Warfighter (Electronic Arts)
07. Forza Horizon (Microsoft)
08. Skylanders Giants (Activision Blizzard)
09. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
10. Dishonored (Bethesda Softworks)