EA's FIFA 12 holds onto top spot in the UK all-formats software chart for the week ending January 1, despite sales slowing by 27 per cent week on week.
It was a slow week at retail, with sales of the entire top five falling week on week. Battlefield 3 rises one place to third, replacing Just Dance 3; Mario Kart 7 climbs three places to number nine, and Forza Motorsport 4 rises one place to tenth. Those games aside, the top ten is unchanged from last week.
Sales of BioWare's Star Wars MMOG, The Old Republic, have slumped since launch; after making its debut last week at number ten, it has fallen by 28 places and only just made the top 40. That should not be taken as a sign that the EA-published MMOG is struggling, however, as chart compilers UKIE and GfK Charttrack only collate sales of boxed products.
01. FIFA 12 (EA)
02. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
03. Battlefield 3 (EA)
04. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
05. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
06. Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
07. Need For Speed: The Run (EA)
08. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
09. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo)
10. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)