PSP exclusive Final Fantasy Type-0 sold close to 500,000 copies in its debut week to comfortably top the Japanese software chart.
Square Enix’s title shifted 472,253 units in just four days, a figure comparable to other high profile PSP releases from the publisher. Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII sold around 470,000 units during its launch week and the original Dissidia Final Fantasy sold 500,000, Andriasang reports.
Kirby Wii and Idolmaster 2 were new chart entries at numbers two and three, shifting 137,000 and 65,000 copies respectively.
On the hardware front, 3DS sales fell from the previous week’s Mystic Pink model-driven heights to 65,000 units, but the system still outperformed its closest competitor, PSP, by more than two to one. At 25,200 units, PS3 sales more than doubled Wii’s 11,700 too.
01. Final Fantasy Type-0 (Square Enix)
02. Kirby Wii (Nintendo)
03. Idolmaster 2 (Namco Bandai)
04. Just Dance Wii (Nintendo)
05. Go Vacation (Namco Bandai)
06. Disgaea 4 Fuka & Desco-hen Hajimemashita (Nippon Ichi)
07. Ro-Kyu-Bu (Kadokawa Games)
08. Macross F Sayonara No Tsubasa Hybrid Pack (Namco Bandai)
09. Terror Of The Stratus (Konami)
10. Ragnarok Hikari To Yami No (GungHo)
Source: Media Create / Andriasang