Square Enix's RPG sequel Final Fantasy XIII-2 is the new number one in the Japanese all-formats software chart after selling 525,000 copies in its first week on shelves.
With the Xbox 360 version failing to crack the top 20, it was left to the PS3 release to unseat last week's number one, Monster Hunter Tri G, which slips to number two.
Despite the release of PlayStation Vita, 3DS was the best-selling hardware with 367,000 sales to Vita's 324,000. Just two titles for Sony's new handheld cracked the top ten: Hot Shots Golf 6 makes its debut at number seven, one place ahead of Uncharted: Golden Abyss.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 will be released in Europe on February 3.
01. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix)
02. Monster Hunter Tri G (Capcom)
03. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo)
04. Inazuma Elevel Go (Level 5)
05. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo)
06. Kirby Wii (Nintendo)
07. Hot Shots Golf 6 (Sony)
08. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Sony)
09. Just Dance Wii (Nintendo)
10. Poke Park 2 (Pokémon)