The first 3DS Fire Emblem game sold close to a quarter of a million copies in Japan during the week ended April 22, as Vita sales dropped to a new low.
Fire Emblem Awakening moved over 240,000 units, beating sales of all other titles in the top 20 combined, Andriasang reports.
Code Of Princess, a 3DS action game from former Guardian Heroes developers, debuted in second place with just under 20,000 copies sold.
On the hardware front 3DS saw a notable boost thanks to new software, with sales up over 20,000 units to 84,760, although it should be noted that nine of the top ten selling games were for Nintendo’s latest handheld.
Console adoption was down across the board elsewhere, bar a marginal increase for Wii, with Vita sales dipping by around 50 units to another all-time low of 8,206.
01. Fire Emblem Awakening (Nintendo, 3DS)
02. Code Of Princess (Agatsuma, 3DS)
03. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo, 3DS)
04. 2nd Super Robot Wars Z Saisei Volume (Namco Bandai, PSP)
05. Monster Hunter 3G (Capcom, 3DS)
06. Kingdom Hearts 3D (Square Enix, 3DS)
07. Kid Icarus Uprising (Nintendo, 3DS)
08. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 3DS)
09. Chou Rich Tamagotchi Puchi Puchi Omisecchi (Namco Bandai, 3DS)
10. Detective Conan: Prelude From The Past (Namco Bandai, 3DS)