Mario Bros. Wii Holds Top Spot In Japan
New Super Mario Bros. Wii retained the top spot on the Japanese software chart during the week ended April 18.
Friend Collection, another Nintendo title to clear three million sales domestically, moved up three places to second, while the PSP and PS3 versions of Pro Baseball Spirits 2010 were non-movers in third and fourth.
Fist Of The North Star Musou fell three spots to fifth, followed by Pokemon Ranger: Tracks Of Light.
No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise, an HD update of the Wii original, took the next two positions on the chart, the PS3 version narrowly outselling the Xbox 360 one. The two editions have slightly different content, meaning the 360 version has an adults-only Z classification, while the PS3 one has a more accessible D rating.
Wii Fit Plus and Yakuza 4 rounded off the weekly top ten. Check out the top 30 at Andriasang.
01. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii, Nintendo) – 32,000 (3,687,000)
02. Friend Collection (DS, Nintendo) – 21,000 (3,111,000)
03. Pro Baseball Spirits 2010 (PSP, Konami) – 21,000 (103,000)
04. Pro Baseball Spirits 2010 (PS3, Konami) – 19,000 (107,000)
05. Fist Of The North Star Musou (PS3, Koei) – 19,000 (510,000)
06. Pokemon Ranger: Tracks Of Light (DS, Nintendo) – 16,000 (396,000)
07. No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise (MMV, PS3) – 16,000 (New)
08. No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise (MMV, Xbox 360) – 15,000 (New)
09. Wii Fit Plus (Wii, Nintendo) – 15,000 (1,832,000)
10. Yakuza 4 (PS3, Sega) – 11,000 (523,000)
Japanese sales history