Mario Kart 7 tops Japanese chart as Vita slips to fifth
Sales of PlayStation Vita have slowed in its second week on shelves in Japan, with Sony's new handheld the fifth-best selling hardware of the week with 72,479 units sold.
According to Media Create data translated by Andriasang, Vita sales in the week ending December 25 fell by over 77 per cent week on week. 3DS once again topped the hardware charts with 482,200 units sold, but Vita was also outsold by PS3, Wii and its predecessor, PSP.
Mario Kart 7 returns to the top of the software chart, with the previous week's number one, Final Fantasy XIII-2, slipping to fifth. Both Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land have now sold over a million units in Japan alone.
01. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo)
02. Musou Orochi Z (Tecmo Koei)
03. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo)
04. Monster Hunter Tri G (Capcom)
05. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix)
06. Hoshi No Kirby Wii (Nintendo)
07. Just Dance Wii (Nintendo)
08. SD Gundam G Generation 3D (Namco Bandai)
09. Inazuma Eleven Go (Level-5)
10. Inazuma Eleven Strikers 2012 Extreme (Level-5)