Mario Kart 7 is once again the Japanese all-formats number one, reclaiming top spot from Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Masou Kishin II.
In a slow week for sales – Mario Kart 7's sales actually fell by a third – the highest new entry is Sega's 3DS title Rhythm Thief & The Emperor's Treasure, which is due in the west next month. D3 Publisher achieves that rarest of feats – a top ten slot for an Xbox 360 game – with Onechanbara Z Kagura at number five.
Other new entries include Namco Bandai's Heroes Phantasia at number 6, and another 3DS game, Konami's Beyond The Labyrinth, at number eight.
On the hardware front, 3DS was once again the week's best-selling system of the week with 80,960 units sold. Sales of PlayStation Vita fell to 15,219, a drop of 17 per cent.
01. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 3DS)
02. Rhythm Thief (Sega, 3DS)
03. Monster Hunter Tri G (Capcom, 3DS)
04. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo, 3DS)
05. Onechanbara Z Kagura (D3 Publisher, Xbox 360)
06. Heroes Phantasia (Namco Bandai, PSP)
07. Inazuma Eleven Go (Level-5, 3DS)
08. Beyond The Labyrinth (Konami, 3DS)
09. Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Masou Kishin II (Namco Bandai, PSP)
10. Musou Orochi 2 (Tecmo Koei, PS3)