Mass Effect 3 is the new UK all-formats number one, the final part of BioWare's sci-fi trilogy beating the sales of the nation's four previous number ones combined.
The EA-published title also enjoyed the most successful launch the series has seen, beating the combined sales of the first two games in the franchise despite Game Group, the UK's largest specialist retailer, not stocking the game due to a credit dispute.
Last week's number one, SSX, slips but holds second place despite the challenge of Capcom's latest fighting game, Street Fighter X Tekken, which debuts at number three.
There's just one other new entry in the top ten, and it's another EA game. The Sims 3: Showtime enters the chart at number six. Sony's Vita shooter Unit 13 debuts at number 15.
01. Mass Effect 3 (EA)
02. SSX (EA)
03. Street Fighter X Tekken (Capcom)
04. FIFA 12 (EA)
05. Mario Party 9 (Nintendo)
06. The Sims 3: Showtime (EA)
07. Mario & Sonic At The London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
08. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
09. Assassin's Creed Revelations (Ubisoft)
10. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)