Modern Warfare 3 storms the Japanese chart
The latest Call Of Duty game outsold high-profile new Japanese releases to debut at number one on the country’s weekly sales chart.
Published by Square Enix in Japan, the subtitled shooter shifted 180,000 copies on PS3, while the Xbox 360 edition placed at number seven with 30,000 sales.
It comfortably outperformed Japanese developed new releases Ni No Kuni and One Piece Gigant Battle, which entered at numbers two and three with 116,062 and 67,032 sales respectively, as well as 2010’s Call Of Duty: Black Ops, which topped the Japanese chart in its first week with 128,922 sales on PS3, Andriasang reports.
Saints Row: The Third for PS3 debuted at number five, with the Xbox 360 version at number 14, one spot ahead of fellow new release Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary. The only other new title to make the top 20 was the PS3 version of Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 at number ten.
On the hardware front, 3DS retained the top spot, managing to outsell PSP and PS3 combined, despite sales of the handheld dipping below the 100,000 mark for the first time in three weeks.
Sales of the two Sony systems almost doubled week-over-week, with each topping 40,000 units aided by the release of new colour models.
01. Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (Square Enix)
02. One Piece Gigant Battle! 2 (Namco Bandai)
03. Ni No Kuni (Level-5)
04. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo)
05. Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
06. Final Fantasy Type-0 (Square Enix)
07. Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (Square Enix)
08. Hatsune Miku Project Diva Extend (Sega)
09. Sengoku Basara 3 Utage (Capcom)
10. Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (Capcom)
Source: Media Create / Andriasang
Media Create Archive