NPD Reveals First Half 2010 Bestsellers
The NPD Group has distributed a list of the bestselling console games in the US marketplace during the first half of 2010.
Red Dead Redemption leads the combined platform sales chart with almost 2.5 million copies shifted, ahead of 2009 releases New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, IGN reports.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 sits in fourth place ahead of Wii Fit Plus. It’s worth pointing out that the two Nintendo games to make the top five are Wii exclusives, while the other three titles appear on both PS3 and Xbox 360. NPD’s data also takes into account bundles, CE and GOTY editions.
The dominance of Wii software is clearer when looking at the top ten individual console game sales chart. Super Mario Galaxy 2 at ten has sold over 1.1 million copies.
01. New Super Mario Bros. Wii – Wii
02. Pokemon SoulSilver Version - DS
03. Red Dead Redemption - Xbox 360
04. God Of War III - PlayStation 3
05. Wii Fit Plus w/Balance Board - Wii
06. Wii Sports Resort w/ Wii Motion Plus – Wii
07. Pokemon HeartGold Version - DS
08. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Xbox 360
09. Just Dance - Wii
10. Super Mario Galaxy 2 – Wii