Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City comfortably outsold fellow new entry Mario Party 9 to debut atop the Japanese software chart during the week ended April 29.
The Slant Six developed thirdperson shooter spin-off was poorly received by critics, but the PS3 version of Operation Raccoon City sold 252,525 copies, while the Xbox 360 edition charted at number eight with 16,285 units sold. Wii exclusive Mario Party 9 moved 152,883 copies to place second.
Vita title Surge Concerto: Ciel Nosurge, an original game from the developer best known for the Atelier series, shifted 33,324 units to chart at number four, helping lift sales of Sony's portable back into five figures for the first time in weeks.
Elsewhere, 3DS sold 74,282 units, PSP moved 22,457 and PS3 21,114, Andriasang reports.
01. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (Capcom, PS3)
02. Mario Party 9 (Nintendo, Wii)
03. Fire Emblem Awakening (Nintendo, 3DS)
04. Surge Concerto Ciel Nosurge (Gust, Vita)
05. Conception Please Give Birth To My Children (Spike Chunsoft, PSP)
06. Steins;Gate Hiyoku Renri No Darling (5pb, PSP)
07. Idolmaster Anime & G4U! Pack Vol.7 (Namco Bandai, PS3)
08. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (Capcom, Xbox 360)
09. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo, 3DS)
10. Dynasty Warriors VS (Tecmo Koei, 3DS)