Pokemon Company's crossover of Pokemon and Tecmo Koei's Nobunaga's Ambition series leads the Japanese all-formats chart in its debut week.
The DS title sold 172,027 copies, enough to beat two fellow new entries, Sega’s Shining Blade and Namco Bandai’s Madoka Magika Portable, both for PSP.
The PS3 version of Mass Effect 3 is another notable debutant, narrowly charting at number 20 with 8,000 units sold, Andriasang reports.
On the hardware front the platform running order is unchanged from last week. 3DS sold 64,017 units, more than twice as many as its nearest rival PS3, while Vita sales remain just above 10,000 for the third week running, trailing PSP by over 8,500 units.
01. Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition (Pokemon Company, DS)
02. Shining Blade (Sega, PSP)
03. Madoka Magika Portable (Namco Bandai, PSP)
04. One Piece Pirate Musou (Namco Bandai, PS3)
05. Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side Premium 3rd Story (Konami, PSP)
06. Hatsune Miku And Future Stars Project Mirai (Sega, 3DS)
07. If I Were In A Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX (D3, 3DS)
08. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 3DS)
09. Monster Hunter 3G (Capcom, 3DS)
10. Mario & Sonic At London Olympics (Nintendo, DS)