The Sims 3: Pets is the new number one in the Nordic chart, which combines sales data from Finland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark, in its first week on shelves.
Astoundingly the EA-published expansion has outsold Batman: Arkham City, which sold two million copies worldwide in its first week and, in the UK, topped the chart and enjoyed the fourth-best launch of the year so far.
In third is another new entry – Sega's Football Manager 2012 – meaning last week's number one, FIFA 12, slips to fourth. Also making their debuts in the top ten are two titles aimed at the younger market: Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One in sixth, and Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure at number 8.
01. The Sims 3: Pets (EA)
02. Batman: Arkham City (Warner Bros)
03. Football Manager 2012 (Sega)
04. FIFA 12 (EA)
05. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
06. Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (Sony)
07. NHL 12 (EA)
08. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (Activision)
09. Heroes Of Might & Magic VI (Ubisoft)
10. The Sims 3 (EA)
Source: Dataspelsbranschen/media control GfK