Skyrim tops UK chart
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the new number one in the UK all-formats chart, aggressive discounting helping it dethrone Modern Warfare 3 for the first time since both games were released last month.
UK retailers Game and Gamestation's half-price Skyrim deal saw it climb four places to the summit after its sales rose 145 per cent week on week, according to chart compiler UKIE. Modern Warfare 3's sales fell seven per cent and it relinquishes top spot after four consecutive weeks at number one.
With the year's biggest games now all released, it's business as usual elsewhere in the top 10, and there's only one new release in the top 40: Activision's GoldenEye 007: Reloaded, which enters the chart at number 28.
01. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
02. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
03. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
04. FIFA 12 (EA)
05. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
06. Battlefield 3 (EA)
07. Professor Layton And The Spectre's Call (Nintendo)
08. Saints Row The Third (THQ)
09. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Sony)
10. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo)