Dead Space 3 has topped the charts and has become the biggest launch of the year so far, according to the latest all formats chart from GfK-ChartTrack. The third title’s first week sales are down 26.6% on Dead Space 2’s launch week, though. The Xbox 360 version accounted for 65% of the week-one sales, with PS3 representing 31% and PC just 4%.
Madden NFL 2013 is the second highest new entry this week, arriving at number 19. Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed returns to the top ten on the strength of the new 3DS version.
The GFK Chart-track top ten for the week ending February 9th is as follows. Week-on-week sales comparisons are in brackets:
1. Dead Space 3
2. FIFA 13 (-9%)
3. Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 (-12%)
4. Far Cry 3 (+3)
5. Hitman: HD Trilogy (-30%)
6. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (-63%)
7. Need For Speed Most Wanted (-17%)
8. Just Dance 4 (-15%)
9. Hitman Absolution (-19%)
10. Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed (+50%)