Gears Of War: Judgment debuts at the top of the UK all-formats chart this week, though its success is tempered by the shadow of its predecessor – Gears Of War 3 – which sold four times as many copies during its first week on sale.
Activision’s The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct also makes its debut this week, charting at number three, just missing out on the number two spot occupied by Tomb Raider.
FIFA 13, meanwhile, rises two places to four, having now sat within the top six for 25 weeks straight. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 and God Of War: Ascension, both in the second weeks on sale, both fall one position to occupy number five and six respectively.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate represents Nintendo’s hardware in the charts, the gem debuting at number seven. There was a fairly even split of sales across the two formats, too, with 3DS accounting for 55 per cent of sales, and Wii U the rest.
After a rocky start, SimCity holds on to its top ten placing, falling from five to eight, just ahead of Far Cry 3 at nine. Mainstay Black Ops II rounds out the top ten.
01. Gears Of War: Judgment (Microsoft)
02. Tomb Raider (Square Enix Europe)
03. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (Activision Blizzard)
04. Fifa 13 (Electronic Arts)
05. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (City Interactive)
06. God Of War: Ascension (Sony)
07. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom)
08. SimCity (Electronic Arts)
09. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
10. Call Of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision Blizzard)