This is the third successive week that Vita sales have fallen since launch, when 324,859 units were sold. In its second week on shelves, sales dropped 77.7 per cent to 72,479, and the week after, by 41.2 per cent to 42,648.
Lifetime sales now stand at 458,347 – almost 40 per cent lower than the 742,244 systems sold in 3DS's first four weeks on sale in Japan. Sales of Nintendo's handheld also fell every week, but that Vita is lagging almost 300,000 units behind a system that sold so badly Nintendo was compelled to drop the price and forecast a first annual loss in over 30 years will be cause for genuine concern at Sony. 3DS sales also fell this week, by almost 50 per cent, to 100,668 units.
Media Create's software chart has a new number one, with Namco Bandai PSP mouthful Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Masou Kishin II going straight in at the top unseating Mario Kart 7, which had occupied top spot for four weeks. Nintendo's 3DS title Spirit Camera debuts in seventh.
01. Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Masou Kishin II (Namco Bandai, PSP)
02. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 3DS)
03. Monster Hunter Tri G (Nintendo, 3DS)
04. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo, 3DS)
05. Inazuma Eleven Go (Level-5, 3DS)
06. Musou Orochi 2 (Tecmo Koei, PS3)
07. Spirit Camera (Nintendo, 3DS)
08. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix, PS3)
09. Ace Combat 3D Cross Rumble (Namco Bandai, 3DS)
10. Just Dance Wii (Nintendo, Wii)