Vita sales slip to record low in Japan
Weekly Vita sales fell to an all-time low in Japan during a slow week for new software releases.
All hardware platforms were down from the previous week, but Vita will continue to make the headlines unless Sony can turn the handheld’s fortunes around. The system placed fourth in the hardware rankings, selling just 8,250 units, ahead of Wii’s 6,837.
3DS was the top-seller, moving just shy of 64,000 units, which was more than three times as many as its closest rival, PS3, and four times as many as third-placed PSP.
It was a slow week for software sales too, with no new releases making the top ten, Andriasang reports. The latest PSP Super Robot Wars and Kingdom Hearts 3D retained the top two spots, ahead of Super Mario 3D Land, Pro Baseball Spirits and Kid Icarus Uprising.
01. 2nd Super Robot Wars Z Saisei Volume (Namco Bandai, PSP)
02. Kingdom Hearts 3D (Square Enix, 3DS)
03. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo, 3DS)
04. Pro Baseball Spirits 2012 (Konami, PSP)
05. Kid Icarus Uprising (Nintendo, 3DS)
06. Monster Hunter 3G (Capcom, 3DS)
07. Pro Baseball Spirits 2012 (Konami, PS3)
08. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 3DS)
09. Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition (Pokemon, DS)
10. Mario & Sonic At The London 2012 Olympic Games (Nintendo, 3DS)