Yakuza: Of The End debuts at number one in Japan
Yakuza: Of The End debuted atop the Japanese software chart during the week ended June 12, according to sales data from Media Create.
The Zombie themed Yakuza game sold just shy of 300,000 copies in its first week of availability, more than 19 times the total achieved by its closest competitor, former number one Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D.
In a slow week for software sales, the only other newcomers in the top ten were an Evangelion pachinko game for PSP and the PS3 version of Red Faction Armageddon, Andriasang reports.
01. Yakuza Of The End (Sega)
02. Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom)
03. Battle & Get! Pokemon Typing DS (Nintendo)
04. Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Professional (Square Enix)
05. One Piece Unlimited Cruise Special (Namco Bandai)
06. Gekiatsu!! Pachige Tamashii Portable Vol.1 Evangelion Shinjitsu no Tsubasa (Fields)
07. Wii Party (Nintendo)
08. Akiba's Trip (Acquire)
09. Red Faction Armageddon (Spike)
10. Patapon 3 (SCEJ)
On the hardware front, the platform order was unchanged from the previous week. PSP retained a slim lead over 3DS, with 26,681 sales to 24,649, while PS3 comfortably remained the top selling home console with 17,104 units sold.
Source: Andriasang / Media Create
Media Create Archive